18 Oct 2011

chewy apricot logs

after a three day bout of blue skies and sunshine - the grey clouds, wind and rain has returned. there is something about foreboding weather that makes me what to cook. alex and I were reminiscing on the chewy apricot and coconut balls or "logs" we had when we were kids. usually around christmas time. and because I just happened to have some dried apricots, nuts, and condensed milk I made some logs. its super easy, and delicious - especially when accompanied by warm tea and a blanket.

1/2 cup of sesame seeds
1/4 cup of almonds, chopped
1 packet of plain biscuits, crushed
1 cup of desiccated coconut
1 cup of dried apricots, chopped
1 tin of condensed milk
more coconut to roll

gently heat and agitate sesame seeds and almonds in a fry pan until golden. in a bowl combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon. then using your hands shape "logs" (i made three short ones) in a mound of desiccated coconut. shape firmly and place on a baking paper lined plate or container. refrigerate for an hour or more. cut into thin slices.

5 comments:

  1. I've never had these but they certainly sound and look appealing. Perhaps I will try them this Christmas :-) Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I shall have to make some. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. joyful, it makes a lovely christmas treat or gift

    alice, wee! its nice to have an apricot log kindred :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily - what kind of camera do you use? Your close up photography of food and other things are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ribka, so nice to read your comments on here! I hope you are all happy and well :) I use a Nikon D60 SLR camera - very easy to use and not too heavy. I've had it for about 3 1/2 years and am still very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.